Homeopathy’s Holistic Vision for Mental HealthA webinar with Katja and David Behrens, 18-19 February 2017
Thank you David and Katja for your wonderful webinar! Anyone who missed the live sessions can still watch a recording of them until the end of March 2017 for the same attendance fee.
Homeopathy and Mental Health
ISHL is proud to announce the first in a series of online educational webinars for students, graduates and any other homeopaths in Japan and elsewhere, on homeopathy and related therapies.
The first webinar, taking place on Saturday and Sunday 18-19 February 2017, is on the subject of Homeopathy and Mental Health, including the use of Mindfulness Meditation in this area. It will be led by David and Katja Behrens, both graduates of the School of Homeopathy in Stroud, and now full-time practitioners and teachers.
The teaching will be in English with a fluent line-by-line Japanese translation. Anyone with a computer and an internet connection can join, and everything will be recorded so you can watch it again for up to two weeks later.
The subject of mental health is increasingly recognised as one of the major clinical challenges and opportunities of our time. This webinar is sure to be of great interest and practical help to any homeopath with patients suffering from a range of mental health problems, ranging from anxiety at one end of the spectrum, to serious problems such as addiction and personality disorders at the other.
It will also address your emotional well-being, because Mindfulness meditation is a perfect tool for relieving the stress that inevitably accompanies work in a caring profession such as homeopathy.
The Behrens’ teaching will be illustrated with clearly-presented cases and accompanied by much useful information on the remedies and strategies for approaching such patients.
Katja Behrens DSH RSHom
Katja, originally from Berlin, Germany, teaches at the School of Homeopathy Clinic as well as in private practice, and has a particular interest in the Sensation Method.
David Behrens DSH RSHom
David, originally from the USA, was an Eastern monk in India for over 20 years, and now sees many patients with mental health issues in London’s prestigious medical district, Harley Street.
David and Katja write:
‘In this unique two day webinar we will explore homeopathy’s holistic vision and understanding for mental health patients. Together we will:
- Explore how homeopathy offers a holistic vision to the various illnesses, such as depression, anxiety syndromes, bipolar disorders and schizophrenia.
- Study how homeopathic philosophy reveals the essence of the disease and the road to healing in all types of mental health cases.
- Learn how to improve your approach in case taking for various mental health illnesses through recorded cases and step-by-step analysis.
- Investigate the latest methodology of finding the simillimum through Sankaran’s The Synergy in Homeopathy: an integrated approach to case-taking and analysis, where one walks the path of classical homeopathy with the Sensation method.
- Hear of the latest therapeutic models now practiced in the National Health Service in UK for supporting the recovery journey of mental health patients, and discover how Mindfulness meditation is now applied and practiced in the leading clinics in London.
- Begin learning Mindfulness meditation for yourself as a practitioner, to support your own well-being and professional development.
- ISHL students who have paid their third year fees in full participate free of charge
- For graduates the price is 10,000 JPY for 1 day and 20,000 JPY for both days
- For members of the public the price is 15,000 JPY for 1 day and 30,000 JPY for both days
Katja Behrens DSH RSHom
Katja studied Drama and Physiotherapy in Berlin and is an experienced Cranial-Sacral Therapist. Her post-graduate training in homeopathy was with Dr Rajan Sankaran and other international teachers.
She has successfully treated patients with a wide range of mental health issues: learning difficulties, autism, Asperger’s, alcohol and drug abuse, depression, stress and anxiety.
Katja practices in the Clinic of the School of Homeopathy in Stroud, UK, and in the Holistic Health Centre in Cheltenham, in collaboration with other holistic therapists and medical doctors to offer a true chance of transformation in the lives of people who want to experience or regain their full potential on a physical and emotional level.
David Behrens DSH RSHom
David offers his in-depth knowledge of Mindfulness Meditation from his 27 years of teaching as a monk in South India.
After his transition from monastic life, he continued his studies to become a homeopath. He teaches a monthly course at the school of Homeopathy in England Mindfulness for the Developing Homeopath. He also offers Mindfulness as a therapeutic model in the National Health Service in the UK, as well as several leading Mental Health and Addiction Clinics in London.
David has experienced and learned how mindfulness combined with homeopathic treatment creates a powerful synergy that heals as well as empowering clients to develop themselves holistically.
Attendance at ONE DAY of the Homeopathy and Mental Health seminar (ISHL GRADUATES)
Attendance at BOTH DAYS of the Homeopathy and Mental Health seminar (ISHL GRADUATES)
Attendance at ONE DAY of the Homeopathy and Mental Health seminar (MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC)
Attendance at BOTH DAYS of the Homeopathy and Mental Health seminar (MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC)
The webinar will be held on a secure website using Webex video conferencing software. All you need to participate is a computer with a broadband internet connection and a web browser.
When you enroll and pay your webinar fee, you will be sent information on where and how to log in to the webinar, and also on how to review the recording later.
The webinar will take place on Saturday 18 February and Sunday 19 February, and runs from 3pm to 10pm Japanese time on both days (this is because of the time difference with the UK). If you want to watch the webinar, but can’t participate live, you can watch the recording as many times as you like for 4 weeks after the sessions.